Academic Advisor works with all systems like Blackboard, Banner System, Moodle based applications, and our own Academic Advisor Academic Learning Management System. Academic Advisor tracks students reading and writing behaviors, attendance, class participation, homework and exam grades, as well as community online participation in blogs and social media interaction to create an insightful student portfolio.
Our platform independent client will be available for download by educators and students free of charge. This client will allow professors to construct new courses and manage current ones. This includes the ability to take attendance, assign homework, plan new tests and quizzes, track student progress, and interact with students via email and discussion boards. Syllabi will be automatically created, offering dynamic living documents for the first time.
Students will have the ability to sign in to their current courses, receive alerts about their progress, interact with their class mates, peers, and professors, write assignments, and simulate major and class changes to understand the financial and academic impact of proposed changes. They will be able to apply for internships and secure jobs through our application. Students will also write their homework assignments using our system, which will check for plagiarism as they write and give them constant feedback on authenticity levels of their work using our anti-plagiarism features.
Communications and storage will be provided by Scorant. Academic institutions will have a chance to implement our Academic Advisor software organization wide, and will receive the following benefits if they do so.
- In depth, easy to understand analytics and dashboards based on the institution’s own data
- Higher retention rates resulting from more meaningful student to major matching
- Higher parent and stakeholder satisfaction due to accurate and timely information dissemination
- Better teacher-student matching
- More efficient scheduling of available resources
- More efficient anti-plagiarism measures leading to more meaningful academic performance
- Cost reduction across the board