College students are seldom prepared or have the necessary skills and experience to know when, how and where to apply for internships. While there are many resources available to assist them in searching and applying for internships and jobs, these resources rarely take the individual student’s specific profile into consideration until after the student seeks help. Since Scorant develops an insightful profile of each student, and works with leading internship providers & employers, Scorant’s career advisor connects the student and the employer very early on in the student’s academic career. Career advisor will help the student:
- Develop a meaningful and insightful profile that reflects the student’s true personal traits
- Connect the students with potential employers early in their academic careers
- Alerts students when it is time to apply for internships and assist them in applying for most matching careers
- Provide students with appropriate industry research, compensation analysis, and correctly set expectations of employers and students vis-à-vis salaries and benefits
- Assist students to build their credentials
- Increase employer efficiencies and decrease employee attrition by matching correct profiles with most fitting jobs
Career Advisor is offered as a component of Academic Advisor, which works with all systems such as Blackboard, Banner System, Moodle based applications, and our own System. Academic Advisor tracks students reading and writing behaviors, attendance, class participation, homework and exam grades, as well as community online participation in blogs and social media interaction to create an insightful student portfolio.